In the 21st Century, technology has witnessed many great innovations across the world. One such mind-blowing technological breakthrough is the creation of Bluetooth earphones. These earphones are different than the usual headsets as they are wireless and use Bluetooth for connectivity. Since these do not have any wire, they are more convenient to use. These avoid hassles while moving around and can be easily used during travel. With Bluetooth earphones, there is no cause of worry for you from tangling wire or any other safety issues. However, while purchasing any Bluetooth earphones you must ensure to check its battery life and must ask the salesperson, how long should I charge my Bluetooth earphones?
Every Bluetooth earphone has its battery capacity which varies in different Bluetooth headsets. Also, the Bluetooth earphone’s battery is loaded with a charging technology which indicates if it can provide quick charging support to the device. So, the charging time depends on the earphone’s battery capacity and charging technology.
If you ask how many hours to charge Bluetooth earphones are required? The answer is here, an average Bluetooth earphone with no quick charging support but having a large battery capacity can charge within 2-3 hours completely. These days the Bluetooth earphones come with the latest charging technology which can charge completely in about 1-2 hours or less if the battery capacity is small.
Some Bluetooth headsets can even play for about 2-3 hours on charging it partially for just 15-20 minutes. To know how long to charge Bluetooth earphones, just check the LED battery indicator. The red light of the LED will indicate that the battery of your device is still charging, once it attains maximum charge it will glow green.
How do the Bluetooth Earphones Perform in Standby Mode?
Does your wireless headset drain your battery even when you are not listening to anything and still connected? This is a debatable question. It is a common belief that Bluetooth earphones or earbuds drain the battery while in standby mode. However many others believe that it does not matter as long as you don’t play any songs you can keep them connected to your phones without draining your battery.
So which one is right?
Your Bluetooth earphones will not drain away from the battery but yes it will consume an almost negligible amount while in standby mode. When the headset is connected to the host device, they are exchanging information even if it is on standby mode. Although the power required in this exchange is very minimal. That is the reason the listening or talk-time of Bluetooth earphones is entirely different from their standby time.
It is easy to remember this fact as if there was no draining of battery ever while in standby mode, the earphones will last forever and you know this is not how it happens. However, factors like Bluetooth technology can be responsible for draining the battery. For example, a standard Bluetooth connection will consume high power than any Bluetooth low energy (BLE) or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled device. So if your earphones support Bluetooth 4.0, the earphones will consume less power even in standby mode.
Bluetooth Earphones with Longest Battery Time
The battery time is defined by how many hours to charge Bluetooth earphones are needed. While you select a Bluetooth earphone, you must make sure to check for its battery life. The battery life will decide how long you can use your Bluetooth earphones. The good battery life enables you to use your device for longer hours without any need to connect it to a charger.
We have listed some Bluetooth earphones that possess long battery life. Check them below:
- Edifiier W820BT Bluetooth Earphones – These earphones are perfect for travelers as their battery life can last up to 80 hours. These earphones support Bluetooth version 4.1 and have CSR technology that helps them to provide high audio quality with lossless audio and more power efficiently
- DOQAUS 45 Hours Playtime Hi-fi Stereo Foldable Earphones – These Bluetooth earphones have a 1000mAH battery which is huge and enables you to listen to playback music for more than 45 hours in wireless mode. The special feature of these earphones is that they can be connected to two devices simultaneously.
- Tribit XFree Tune Bluetooth Earphones – These earphones have a battery life of 580 mAH and enable it to play for up to 40 hours in a go. It can be fully charged within 4 hours approximately from a zero-charge. These headphones possess dual 40mm soundstage drivers that give away a Hi-Fi stereo sound which enhances your listening experience.
- Avantree Audition 40 hr Wireless Wired Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones – These Bluetooth earphones not only support a battery life that lasts up to 40 hours in just a single charge but these Avantree Audition 40 hr Wireless Wired Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones supports both advanced BLE or Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. These possess Bluetooth transmitters certified by aptX and deliver a superior Hi-Fi sound which improves the tone quality letting you enjoy deeper bass and more clear treble.
- COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling headphones – These Bluetooth earphones can relentlessly play music for 30 hours on a single charge featuring a battery life of 600mAH. As the name suggests COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling earphones have an advanced active noise cancellation technology that keeps you entertained with music even in a busy office, city traffic, airplane cabin noise, etc.
Bluetooth Earbuds with Longest Battery time
Similar to the Bluetooth Earphones/Headphones, let us also suggest to you the best Bluetooth earbuds having the longest battery life. Let’s discuss the list below:
- iTeknic Bluetooth Headphones – These earbuds deliver 24 hours of continuous music playback supporting an advanced Bluetooth 5.0 and CVC 6.0 noise cancellation. You might be wondering how many hours will be needed to charge these earbuds completely. Only 2 hours. Yes, iTeknic Bluetooth earbuds run for 24 hours with only 2 hours of a fully charged battery. These earbuds also have a feature of IPX7 waterproof technology. They also possess 10mm, dynamic drivers, in addition to CSR chip and CVC noise cancellation which gives you an HD stereo sound experience with richer bass.
- Anker Soundbuds Curve Wireless Earbuds – The Anker Soundbuds Curve Wireless Earbuds let you enjoy the music playback for 18 hours in a go when you limit the volume to 80%. It requires only 10 minutes of charging and you are good to go for listening 3 hours of nonstop music. These earbuds are loaded with 10mm composite drivers along with BASSUP technology which delivers a clearer sound and thump in bass lifting your workout mood.
- Dudios Bluetooth Headphones Neckband – Well, these earbuds are specialized with a secure neckband that comfortably fits around your neck. The Dudios Bluetooth earbuds deliver 16 hours of music playback when you are listening at 60% volume up in a single charge of 1.5 hours. It has a battery life of 500 mAH and features an updated CSR8645 chipset which offers deeper bass and smooth treble.
- AHADU Bluetooth Headphones, AHBT-102 – These earbuds feature over 15 hours of battery life with a charging time of 1.2 hours. It can also remain connected for a standby time of 240 hours. AHADU Bluetooth Headphones, AHBT-102 can be better used during workouts for the reason they have a secure fit and a comfortable design.
- AOMAIS Bluetooth Headphones – These earbuds can play up to 12 hours with 1.5 hours of charging time. It can run for 2 hours relentlessly with just 10 minutes of charging. AOMAIS Bluetooth Headphones can be connected to two devices at the same time. They can work in a space within a range of 10 feet filled with obstacles and within 30 feet range in an open space.
Does the battery of a Bluetooth Earphone die after excessive use?
Generally, all Bluetooth earphones are loaded with Lithium-ion (Li-ion) or Lithium-polymer (Li-po) batteries. In comparison to Nickel- Cadmium (NiCad) batteries, these batteries do not undergo the ‘memory effect’. They also have lower self-discharge and can survive high temperatures. However, they share a similarity with NiCad which is also a drawback of Li-ion and Li-po that the number of charge cycles is limited after which they cannot survive and die eventually.
A charge cycle refers to the completion of the full charge/discharge cycle by the battery. After exceeding the limit of charge cycles, it will affect the efficiency and performance of the battery and you can easily notice the decline. Li-ion and Li-po batteries have an average cycle of 500-1000 which means if you charge your earphones daily, the battery of your earphone can last up to 3 years. If the charging frequency is less, it may last longer.
If you are frequently charging your earphones multiple times daily, it will damage the battery sooner than it is expected. You can prolong the battery life by avoiding its full discharge before charging it again. You can follow the thumb rule to maintain your earphone’s battery to be charged at a level of 40%-90% and use it accordingly. The balance between the charge level and the number of charge cycles must always be maintained.
Replacing dead batteries in Bluetooth Earphones
For an AAA battery, you can easily replace the battery. In the case of earphones with non-replaceable batteries, the batteries cannot be removed manually. You can ask for a replacement in case the non-replaceable battery dies within the warranty period.